Recipe of the Day: Honey Chile Ginger Chicken
Nutritional Information here
This salad won’t pile on the sodium—it only calls for a tiny amount of salt for the chicken breast, since the strong flavor combination of Sriracha, honey, and fresh ginger don’t need much more seasoning.
Serving Size: 4 oz chicken, 2 c salad. Makes 4 servings.
2 tablespoons honey
1 (1-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, grated
1/3 cup Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
2 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 ears shucked corn, broken into small pieces
3 ripe peaches, quartered and pitted (about 1 1/4 pounds)
8 ounces watercress
1. Combine honey and next 3 ingredients (through oil) in a medium bowl.
2. With a mallet, pound chicken breast pieces between 2 sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap until very thin; transfer to a medium dish. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of chile dressing over the chicken; coat well.
3. Heat a grill pan, grill, or broiler. Lightly coat grill pan, if using, with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt; grill until cooked through (2-3 minutes per side). Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Continue until all of the chicken is cooked, coating grill with cooking spray as needed.
4. Grill corn until tender (about 5 minutes), brushing lightly with chile dressing while grilling; transfer to a large platter. Grill the peach quarters, just until grill marks appear (about 1 minute per side), brushing lightly with chile dressing while grilling and coating grill as needed; transfer to the platter.
5. Scatter the watercress over the platter. Slice the chicken into smaller pieces; transfer to the platter. Combine cooked juices and remaining chile dressing; stir well. Drizzle over salad as desired; serve.
For past recipes, click here!
I must make one!
Nutella Hot Chocolate
-1 cup of milk
-2 spoonfuls of Nutella
-mini marshmallows Directions: Pour about 1/4 of the milk into a saucepan on medium-low heat. Add the Nutella and whisk until blended. Slowly stir in the remaining milk. Add a pinch of cinnamon and whisk until hot and frothy. Carefully pour the mixture into a mug, add whipped cream, and mini marshmallows.
OH MY GOD.
Oh my God.
Find an old puzzle map, a hot glue gun, some magnetic strips, and get craft-ing.
sweet potato chips